Friday, January 21, 2011

January 21, 2011

"BE AN INSPIRATION TO SOMEONE!"

Everyone needs a little bit of inspiration from time to time. This day and age seems to be like no other time in history. Maybe it is just my imagination, but people are different in 2011 than they were back in the '80's when I was a kid. There doesn't seem to be that sense of comradery anymore or that togetherness of family bonds anymore. I remember being a little girl and on Sunday afternoons, the family would pile in the car to visit another family member who might live in the next town. If we didn't visit, then someone was always visiting us on the weekends: brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, or cousins. The house was seldom empty. These days my family's home is always exempt of visitors, except on the holidays. It seems like people will only visit if it is a major holiday or celebration.

Another thing I have noticed about some people is they do not want to inspire their fellow family members or friends. They seem to no longer have time for us anymore. My family learned this from going through my husband's battle with cancer. Almost all our friends and family members turned away and looked in the opposite direction. This angered me, and I would take it out on my facebook friends who happened to be some of the family members who were looking the other way. I truly annoyed them all, because I would post comments that I felt families should come together during others times of need. However, many looked at me as being selfish. How dare I make comments that the family should be there for us and helping us?

What I needed was a little inspiration! I needed someone to tell me that everything was going to be ok. I needed someone to come to my house and visit with me and have a cup of coffee with me in order to ease my mind of the stress my family was witnessing everyday for a year. A little human contact other than doctors, nurses, and other cancer patients would have been heavenly. However, that inspiration never came.

Do you know someone who is going through a trying time? Maybe they are suffering through a life-threatening illness, or maybe, they are having some financial difficulties. Be an inspiration to that person! Be a friend to that person! Pick up the phone and say, "Hey, I am thinking about you, and I am telling you everything will be ok. I love you!" Sometimes, all a person needs is to know there is someone out there who cares. Be that person's shining star! Be their inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment