Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7, 2012

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN A FAMILY MEMBER BREAKS DOWN???


When your family members start to break down one-by-one, you know that the Universe has dealt you way too much! Have you ever sat back and asked yourself how much a human soul can take? I have! Many times! I have broken down way more than my husband and son, and I have screamed into the sky, "How much more do you want me to take?" It's one thing to break down yourself, but have you ever watched your spouse break down?

If you have been reading my blog, you know that my husband has battled cancer. He literally went through hell. So many people turned their backs on him during the most difficult time in his life. He faced cancer alone other than having myself and our son by his side. Do you know how hard that was for him? I know it was difficult for me to watch and it hurt me tremendously, so I can only imagine the amount of pain he went through.

Now, this bathroom from hell project has my entire family tired, exhausted, and seriously questioning what we have done wrong in order to be dealt more punishment. As my husband was standing in the bathroom (or what's left of it) tonight, he broke down. The tears started flowing out, and they wouldn't stop. 

I was helpless. What could I do to help? The only thing I could do was be there for him and support him through this challenging time. All I can do is give him the love that he so deserves and to be by his side day by day as we tackle one board after another.

When someone you love is at their wits end, be there for them, love them, and give them the support that they need. Sometimes, all a person needs is to know that they are still loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment