Thursday, June 11, 2015

June 11, 2015

IGNORE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS!


Do your thoughts get you into trouble? Do you think yourself into a worried panic? In the past, my thoughts made me become my own worst enemy. I was constantly thinking negative falsehoods about myself. It's taken me 42 plus years to learn how to ignore those negative thoughts. I have to admit that it has only been in the last six months that I have become successful at ignoring such thoughts.



You might be wondering, "How do I ignore negative thoughts? I have been thinking them all my life." Well, just as you learned to think negatively about yourself, you will have to relearn how to think positively about yourself. Replace those negative thoughts with positive thoughts. Just as recently as today, I had to ignore a negative thought that was trying to creep back into my brain. That thought was, "You are a loser." When this first happens, my first instinct is to agree with the thought; however, that is feeding the beast. I had to ignore the thought and concentrate my mind on something else. That something else turned out to be doing some laundry. I was concentrating on the "Now," and what I was doing at that very second. Soon that negative thought was lost as it should be!



When you have a negative thought, do not agree with it! Do not say it out loud! Do not write it down, such as on facebook! Just simply think about something else! Ignore that negative thought and focus your mind on the NOW! Think only happy thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment