Friday, March 1, 2013

March 1, 2013

BEING LABELED A "BLACK SHEEP" ISN'T ALWAYS A BAD THING!


Let's face it! Every family has a "Black Sheep!" However, as I have been thinking about this topic for the past several days, it dawned on me that being labeled a "Black Sheep" isn't necessarily a bad thing. For instance, I was always labeled the black sheep of the family, because I chose a different path in life than what my siblings had chosen. The path I chose was the path of less drama, less chaos, and less gossiping, and when I took this path, I no longer had a place within the extended family unit. However, that is wonderful, because this "Black Sheep" has learned that life isn't about negativity! Life is truly what we make it, and I choose a positive life. 

So, being labeled the "Black Sheep" has made me appreciate what is important in life! One of those important things in life is to love and cherish the people in your life who do not label you and who do not judge you, but who accept you for who you are!

The next time someone calls you the "Black Sheep" of the family tell them "thank you" and go about your day with a smile on your face and a spring in your step! Why should we try to fit in when we were born to stand out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment