Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 29, 2013

RANDOM THOUGHTS THAT HAVE BEEN ON MY MIND!


The older I get the one thing that keeps getting me more and more confused is human relationships. When I was younger, a teenager and even in my 20's and early 30's, I was a fairly social creature. My husband and I would have friends and family to our home for birthday parties and dinners, and once in a while, the invitation would be returned and we would go to the family member's home or our friend's home for the same. In the last few years, this sort of action has ceased. In my family's defense, we no longer can afford to have dinners and parties. However, it seems that once we stopped inviting, the invitations to others homes stopped as well. 

Even now, when I invite friends out for coffee or lunch, they tell me that they would like to go; however, once the invitation is given by me, it seems to be forgotten. For instance, nearly a year ago, I invited a friend to meet me for coffee. She was having some issues, and I thought she might need a friend to talk to. I invited her at the end of March. She told me that she would let me now in mid-April of when would be a good time to meet, because she was very busy. Well, it's now the end of December, and I still have not heard back from her about our coffee date, and I do not feel the need to keep begging. This happens all the time with me. I'll invite someone, and I never hear back.

I'm not sure how to take all these rejections. Maybe, it's just time to find new friends. However, I wouldn't even begin to understand how to do that. My husband seems to believe that people only know us when they need or want something. That seems to be true. However, in the new year, I will have to put all these broken friendships behind me, and just focus on the two people who definitely want me in their lives....my husband and son! 

No comments:

Post a Comment