Tuesday, December 10, 2013

ONCE YOU GIVE UP THE NEED TO BE ACCEPTED, 
YOUR HEART CAN BEGIN TO HEAL!




Isn't that what we all want? We want to be accepted into that special group of friends or into the extended family. When that doesn't happen. What happens to you? You become heart-broken, bitter, insensitive, rebellious, and possibly even revengeful! Is this truly how you want to live the rest of your life? Do you want to feel needless pain every day? I hope your answer is, "NO!" Once you give up the NEED to be accepted by people who are unwilling to accept you, then that is when your heart can truly heal! 



This has always been a struggle of mine....ACCEPTANCE! I never felt like I "fit in" anywhere including in my own family. For years I would be sucked into pointless drama, and of course, I would always be the one who would get blamed for creating the drama even if I was an innocent bystander. One day a light went off in my head, and I asked my husband, "Why does this keep happening to me? Why do I keep getting blamed for drama that I don't even start?" My husband's lesson to me that day was, "Because you allow it to happen. You are an easy target, so they (the drama creators) will suck you in and blame you regardless of what you may try to do with good intentions." Hmmmm..........could this be true? Was I allowing the drama into my own life? Of course I was! My need for acceptance, my need to be liked, was creating me pain instead of the happiness that I so wanted to feel. I needed a change. 



What did I do? I stopped! I stopped associating with the people who were constantly sucking me into needless drama and who were constantly blaming me for things in which I had no control over. I stopped NEEDING to be accepted and stopped NEEDING to be liked! If people could not accept me for who I am, then they do not deserve to have me in their life. I had to learn to accept me for who I am.....a loving, caring individual who is so willing to help others, who wants to lift others up from being in the same darkness that I struggled through. Learn to accept yourself then you will no longer NEED to be accepted by people who will never truly accept you for who you are. Find people who want to get to know the real you! Break those chains and be you...be happy without the drama! Once you give up that NEED to be accepted, your heart will mend and heal, and you will find the happiness that you were struggling to find!






No comments:

Post a Comment