Friday, May 4, 2012

May 4, 2012

HOW DO YOU GET OVER HURTFUL WORDS???




I am hoping to get a little interaction with the question I just posted. This is a question that I have been trying to figure out for quite a few years now. In the past several years, I have had many people bring personal attacks against me, and during those attacks they have screamed some very vicious words at me. My question to you is: How do you get over hurtful words?

The words which have hurt me worst are:

"She's an illegitimate bastard, and you should have gotten an abortion!" (Words my sister told my mother about me.)

"Who is the father of your child?" (A question that was asked of me by four different people after the birth of my and my husband's son. Seems a member of the family spread a nasty rumor that my husband was not the father of our son. A VICIOUS, HORRIBLE LIE!!!) How do I get over that?

"You are a big pile of shit and everybody in my family hates you!" How do I get over those words.

and most recently:

"You are the problem! You keep your husband away from his family!" Another statement that is NOT true, but how do I get over these hurtful words!

It's easy to say "Let them go!" or "They are only words!" Truly it is easier said than done! Those people who say to get over it never have lived a day in my life. They have never walked a mile in my shoes. They have no idea how I internalize everything that is said to me, and I end up taking things extremely personally. 

All I know is I have been trying to get over some of these words for many years, but I still have not mastered this skill. So, I ask you, my online friends, how do I get over these hurtful words???


No comments:

Post a Comment