Friday, March 2, 2012

March 2, 2012

BE GRATEFUL FOR THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE!!!


This seems like such an easy task; however, how many times do you not appreciate the little things in life. How many times do we take the little things for granted? One thing that made me appreciate the little things today was being able to pay cash for my son's haircut and being able to pay cash to put gas in my car. 

A few short years ago, my family was living a very comfortable lifestyle. I had NO credit card debt, and we had very few outstanding bills other than our mortgage and utility bills. Then our financial well-being was turned upside down when my husband became ill. In the last two years, I have had to pay for nearly every purchase with my credit card. I am actually grateful for my credit card, because that allowed me to put gas in my car to make our daily trips to the hospital which is located 75 miles away from our home. It also allowed me to keep food in the house. However, in a two year time period, that debt has accrued to a level that will take me many years to pay off. So when I was able to pay cash for my son's haircut, gas in my car, and my son's after school program, I was extremely grateful and happy!!! The little things!!! Be grateful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment