Thursday, March 8, 2012

March 8, 2012

STOP TRYING TO "FIT IN"!!!
BE THE FIRST PERSON TO ACCEPT YOURSELF FOR WHO YOU ARE!!!






For many years I struggled and fought with people in order to be accepted into certain social groups, including parts of my own family. Then one day as I was sitting at my kitchen table with tears streaking down my face because certain people in my own family didn't want to be my friend, my husband said something that changed how I view trying to always "fit in." His question was, "Are you going to change in order to 'fit in' to their little group? Because they will never accept you for who you are today!" My answer to that question was, "No, I wasn't going to change!" Then my husband followed that with, "Good! I love you the way you are, and I don't want you to change!" 




My point is this....don't strive to "fit in" to certain groups if the members are not willing to accept you for who you really are. If you need to change to be someone you are not in order to be included, then it's pretty safe to say that you might want to think twice about joining that group. Stop trying to be part of something that God might not want you to be part of! Be the first person to accept yourself for who you are!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment