Saturday, January 26, 2013

January 26, 2013

LET GO OF THE PAST AND LIVE FOR TODAY!


Are you holding on to past hurts? Are you holding on to and living for past memories? Maybe, it's time to look at today and grasp it for what it is; a blessing! Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is never promised, so all we have is today! Learn to let go of the past and learn to live for today!

Not all memories of our past are bad! I'm not saying that you have to forget all the good times you had in years gone by, but if you are holding on to them and if they are all you ever think about, then it might be time to let some of them go. I know a lady, and all she ever talks about is the past. She repeats the same old stories time after time; from the time she took a vacation with her father to Canada 60 years ago, to how much gas cost when she started driving 60+ years ago, to how her husband cheated on her over 30 years ago; it's the same stories day in and day out. Never once does she say how beautiful today is! She is living for the past. 

There are even circumstances from my own past that I have had to let go. For years, I have tried to "fit in" to different social groups, and it took me over 20 years to finally understand that I was never going to be accepted, and I had to "let go" of that expectation. Once I "let go," it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I no longer get upset when my family does not receive that invitation to a family function or to a friend's party.

Learn to "let go" of past hurts that may be robbing you of today's happiness! Right NOW is all we have, so what are you going to do with it? Are you going to think about what you shoulda, woulda, coulda, done 30 years ago, or are you going to live your life in the present? Let go of the past and live for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment