Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 27, 2013

STOP WALKING ON EGGSHELLS WHEN AROUND CERTAIN PEOPLE!
THEY WERE OFFENDED EVEN BEFORE YOU OPENED YOUR MOUTH!



Are there people in your life who get extremely offended no matter what you say or do? Do you feel like you  are walking on eggshells every time you are around them? Do you find yourself guarding what you say or do in the presence of certain people's company? If so, the problem may  not be you! The problem may be that those who are easily offended in your life have preconceived ideas that you are going to tick them off even before you are anywhere near them!



There are people like this in my own life. No matter what I do or what I say by the end of our time together the other person is offended. Recently, I offended a family member by asking her one question, "Why?" Just me questioning her as to why she had to get certain things done in one night, because there is always tomorrow, made her extremely angry with me. In my mind, I wasn't criticizing her. I was just trying to help her understand that we don't need to rush to get everything accomplished in one day. If we are too exhausted today, why not wait till tomorrow after a good nights rest. However, I suppose she took it as me judging her and trying to tell her how to live her own life; which is not what I was trying to do. Personally, I believe that this particular family member will get offended every time I speak to her, because she is already offended even before I open my mouth.



If you have people like this in your own life, don't take their responses to you personally. The problem does not lie with you! The problem is their own! If you have tried to be nice to these people, but they continue to act harshly against you, then they are truly the ones who have the problem. In situations like this wouldn't it be nice to be able to tell these people to "get over themselves!" However, that would just make the matter worse. When around these easily offended people, just smile and be kind and say what you want, because it doesn't matter if you guard what you say, these people are already offended before you came into the picture. Just be yourself, don't take their criticism personally, brush it off, and move on with your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment