Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3, 2013

ACCEPT NOT BEING ACCEPTED AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!!!



For the majority of my life, I have struggled with being accepted into relationships or fitting in with certain social groups. I have gone out of my way to try to force people to like me, especially people within my own family. What I failed to realize for most of my life is that I cannot force others to accept me into their social circle, and I cannot make them "like" me. What I was doing was making myself look like a fool, and what I should have been concentrating on was learning to accept myself for who God made me to be!

In the past nearly 40 years, I have learned that it is okay not to be accepted. I don't need other people to show me my self-worth and my self-value. It may have taken me a very long time to learn the lesson; however, we don't learn the lesson until we are able to accept the lesson and we are able to grow from the lesson. I think I am able to grasp what God has been trying to teach me throughout my lifetime. The only acceptance I need is His! It truly does not matter what my brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins, etc. think about me. Their opinions are merely that....opinions. Opinions cannot be proven as fact! They are just someone's perspective of you, and there is no right or wrong.

In 2013, I challenge you to accept not being accepted by certain people in your life and move on and live your life the way you want to live it! I have found peace with the fact that there are people who will never like me, who will never invite me their homes, who will never accept me as even being a human being, and I am 100% okay with that! I have learned to accept not being accepted, and I am ready to move on and "Let Go"!!!  


2 comments:

  1. Its like you are in my brain...this is me to the T! Sucks to have to be over 35 to realize and accept this. I still struggle a lot but I am definitely on the upward climb to accepting is wholeheartedly! I am thankful I am not the only one who feels the same way. This may sound stupid but last year I defriended almost 100 "friends" from fb and you would not believe how much better it is to know that I don't care what they are doing and they now can't talk shit about what I say or do! I am aperson who wears her emotions on her sleeve and some people in life like to assume the worst because of that and they are 100% off or wrong withthrir assumptions! I thought mean girl drama would stop after high school but NOPE the gossip, the rumor mill and just mean girls sometimes never grow up! I am beyond thankful that I have removed myself from these people and surround myself with people who want to build me up not tear me down...cuz I am that type of person to many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kakama,

      There is one saying that has helped me throughout the last few years, "Drama can only exist in your life if you allow it in." I've decided to walk away from it. If people bring it to me, I have to ignore it. God Bless you!

      Delete