Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 18, 2012

DON'T LET ANYONE DISCOURAGE YOU FROM YOUR DREAMS!!!


For some reason, I don't believe my mother wants me to work outside the home. Every time I get a full-time job she does something to try to mess things up for me. It usually starts with having to take frequent trips to our local emergency room. This evening while at her home, she made a comment about where I will be working with my new full-time job. She stated how far away from my home this job is located. My new job is only 15 miles away from my home! This is five miles closer to my house than the last full-time job I had, and my other job was located on the top of a mountain. I have no idea why she is so concerned with where I work and how far away it is. I am a grown woman of 39 years of age, and I do not believe that I still need my mother's approval with everything I do in my life. 

My mother has been a constant negative force in my life. She discouraged me from attending college right after high school, and she was infuriated when I decided to go back to college when I was 35 years old. She told my cousin that I was too old and that I was ridiculous. Now, that I found a job that I can use my college education to better my life, she is still finding fault with the decisions I make. The fact of the matter is she does not pay my family's bills, and we have thousands of dollars worth of debt that needs to be paid, so I need to work outside the home. 

If you have a negative force in your own life, do not allow this person to control your well-being. Do not allow this person to sabotage your dreams! If they are not willing to help you to better your life, and if you are willing to better your life on your own, DO NOT allow their negative words to discourage you from reaching your goals and dreams! Go after your dreams and do what is right for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment