Saturday, February 25, 2012

February 24, 2012

THINK BEFORE YOU RESPOND!!!


Do you blurt out whatever first comes to your mind before thoroughly thinking through what you are about to say? This is how I used to be in the past, and this type of behavior has gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years. I used to think that it was best to "Tell it how it is" no matter if I hurt people's feelings or not. I have struggled with this for many years, and I finally began to learn last year to think about what I was about to say.  In the past year, my body has started to give me signals of whether I should speak or keep my mouth shut. If I am about to say something that is negative, the hairs on my head start to prickle and stand up. I know then that it is better for me to remain quiet. Sometimes, it is better to just remain quiet. You do not have to blurt out whatever first comes to mind. Take a few minutes to think before you respond! 

No comments:

Post a Comment