Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1, 2011

"CHERISH THE PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE WHO CARE ABOUT YOU AND YOUR WELL-BEING!"

With this new technological age and the onset of social networking over the internet, one might feel that he or she has been blessed with hundreds or maybe even thousands of friends. I will admit that I am a member of facebook, and as of today, I have 72 online friends. My nephew has over 1,000 online friends on this social network. However, I ask you this question. How many of those people care about you and your well-being? If you have had a time of need, a crisis, or just someone you needed to talk to, how many of those people are there for you? How many of those people visit you, hang out with you, or call you on the phone and listen to you vent? Yes, you may get an occassional comment to one of your status updates, but how many of those people really know you? How many of them cherish you as one of their personal friends? How many of those people who are your "so-called" friends do you cherish?

My answer to my own question is, "Not many." There may be a handful of people on my facebook profile who are truly my friends. Not many of them go out of their way to send me a message to see how I am doing, to see how my son is doing, or to see how my husband is doing after his treatments have ended. However, I am just as guilty as everyone else in this scenario, because rarely do I send messages to my online friends.

This scenario is not only limited to social networking sites. How many of your co-workers do you know? Do you know your neighbors? How many of your family members do you "really" know? The list could go on and on, but I am sure there are a few people in this world who truly do care about you and your well-being. Cherish those people! Remember those people during the holidays and during their birthdays! Do something nice for those who help you with your needs! For instance, my husband's co-workers were extremely supportive throughout his treatment process and surgery. At Christmas time, I baked cookies, and my husband and I made platters of cookies and candy to share with his employees. One of my social network friends was very supportive throughout my husband's illness, and we did the same for his family. You do not have to go out and buy lavish gifts to repay those who have been there for you, but do cherish them! If you cannot afford to buy or make them something, then just remind them on a regular basis how much they mean to you. A little thank you goes a long way. Cherish those people who care about you and your well-being!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time each day to spread a little joy via your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Brenda! I am glad you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete