Saturday, February 12, 2011

February 12, 2011

"AN EXPLANATION IS NOT ALWAYS NEEDED!"

Do you ever find  yourself explaining everything you choose to do in life to everyone you know including your enemies? The older I get, I realize that I do not need to tell everyone the reason why I do certain things. For instance, today I found myself in deep thought realizing that I am 38 years old, and I do not owe an explanation to anyone especially to people who barely know me.

Early this morning, I received an email from my neighbor who I mentioned in last night's post. In her message, she was questioning the legitimacy of my family donating medical supplies to a two year-old little boy who lives by being fed through a feeding tube. In her message she stated that she did not believe me, because she had never heard of anyone donating feeding tube bags and formula to other people. So, early this morning, I was sitting at my computer typing a rather lenghthy message explaining to her the charitable foundation we were using and what we were doing. I was desperately trying to construct a message, so she would understand why my family was trying to help this little boy. After sending this message, it occurred to me that I do not owe this lady any kind of explanation. It is my family's business who we choose to help in life, and it is no one else's concern.

Then later this evening, I came across the following quote, "Never explain; your friends won't need one and your enemies won't believe it anyway." I am not sure who wrote this, but it fits perfectly with what I was experiencing today. I do not owe my neighbor any kind of explanation about anything I choose to do in my lifetime. This lady barely knows me. The only thing we share in common is a property line which separates our homes.

If you are happy with the choices you are making in  your own life, then that is all that matters. Do not get caught up in what other people think. If they do not believe you, do not spend hours of your precious time trying to explain to them why you choose to do this or that. All that matters is that you are happy with your own decisions. Do not feel that you owe everyone some type of explanation about everything you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment