Sunday, February 6, 2011

February 5, 2011

"TEARS ARE GOD'S REMINDER THAT WE HAVE FEELINGS!"

Did you ever hear the saying, "Real men do not cry"? Well, I have to disagree with this saying. All the "real" men I have ever known in my life have shed a few tears in their lifetime. My father was a wonderful man, and I saw him cry on several occasions before he passed on. My husband is another wonderful, strong, and "real" man, and he has cried a few times in the 20 years that we have been together. Crying is not always a negative reaction to life's circumstances. Sometimes, people cry because they are happy, sad, or frightened. Crying is God's way of showing us that we have emotions otherwise known as feelings.

Think of a happy occasion when you cryed tears of joy. Maybe it was at your high school or college graduation, because you were excited about reaching that goal. Maybe it was at your wedding, or at the doctors office when you found out you were expecting your first child. Maybe you cried during the birth of your first child or grandchild. Some people cry during dramatical movies or plays, because something during the performance reminds them of something that may be happening in their lives.

However, we cry when sad occasions occur as well. For instance, maybe you cried when a loved one passed on. Maybe you cried when a friend or family member turned his or her back on you and walked out of your life. I know from personal experience, my husband and I both cried in the doctors office when he found out the results of his biopsy, and it turned out to be cancer.

Many people cry during a frightening experience. I remember breaking down into tears immediately after being in a car accident. Some people or children may cry when watching a scary movie, or while possibly experiencing a change in their lives.

Tears help us relieve tension and stress. Tears allow us to realize that we are human, and that we have human emotions. Tears are not always a "bad" thing. It is ok to cry whether because you are happy, sad, or frightened. As I stated above, tears are God's reminder that we have feelings!

No comments:

Post a Comment