Thursday, February 17, 2011

February 16, 2011

"TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME!"

Do you ever find yourself becoming overwhelmed by life's trials and tribulations? Do you feel like you can never catch a break? Do you feel like there is constantly something negative happening in your life? Well, my friend, you are in the same boat as many people in this beautiful world. Learn to take one day at a time, and maybe, life's situations will not seem so bad.

The last three years for my family have been extremely overwhelming, stressful, and emotionally and physically draining. It all started when my mother was diagnosed with cancer in 2008, and she moved in with my family during her chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Three months after my mother moved back into her own home, and I got back to work full-time, after having taken a leave of absence, my back became injured which required me to quit my job which left me laid up for nine months healing and with no income. Then two months after I get back to work after my back injury, my husband was diagnosed with cancer. Now that he is well, and you would think I would finally be able to return to work full-time, we find out that my mother needs to have surgery next month, and I may need to have surgery on my back injury because it is getting worse. These last three years have seemed like a never ending cycle of doom.

So many people have asked me in the past year how I have been able to handle my husband's cancer diagnosis along with his treatment process. All I am able to tell them is I take one day at a time. Some days might seem unbearable; for instance, the day my husband had his major surgery nearly a year ago, but you keep putting one foot in front of the other, and you take one day at a time. If one day seems like too much to handle all at once, then take one hour at a time or one minute at a time. Try not to concentrate on the problem too much. Just take each circumstance, each situation as it comes. Slow down, and do not worry about tomorrow. Take one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment