Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 7, 2011

"SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER TO BITE YOUR TONGUE RATHER THAN SPEAK YOUR MIND IN ORDER TO KEEP PEACE!"

I will apologize first thing for not keeping up-to-date with all of my postings. I will try to get better with this in the near futute. I would have posted a blog last night, but I had to walk away from the computer to keep from getting angry with a post someone posted on my facebook wall.

How many times have you ever bitten your tongue, in other words refrained from speaking, in order to keep peace with someone? In my younger years, blurting out my every opinion was an extremely bad habit in which I possessed. I didn't care who the words were directed to; if they were true, I was going to tell them about it. As I have been getting older, I have learned to pick my battles. Some battles or arguments are not worth the time nor the energy.

No matter where we go in life, no matter what we do in life, someone will more than likely bring opposition into our lives. It is up to us how we are going to deal with this opposition. Are we going to yell and scream at the person, or are we going to grin and bare the temporary inconvenience of someone being upset with us, get over it, and move on?

I recommend the latter. If we decided to become defensive and yell back, we are only hurting ourselves. If we grin and bare the circumstance, we might be able to avoid lots of negative issues which may arise from us losing our tempers. Had I taken my own advice, several friendships could have been saved this past year. However, people offended me, and I let them know about it. Had I bitten my tongue, I could have kept peace, and our friendships might have been saved.

Learn to bite your tongue and walk away from someone's anger toward you. You might be able to keep the peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment