Friday, February 4, 2011

February 3, 2011

"DON'T TRY TO BE PART OF SOMETHING IN WHICH YOU WERE NEVER PART OF TO BEGIN WITH!"

How many times do you try to fit into a group that is not willing to accept you for who you are? Do you find yourself on the outside of a group while attempting to look inside as through a telescope? Do you feel that the only way other groups will accept you is by changing your personality to suit their needs? If you have to change who you are by pretending to be someone who you are not, then do not change. Do not become a "fake" person just to fit into a group of people who God may not want you to associate with in the first place.

For the last 20 years, I have been trying to fit into my husband's family. For some reason in which I am unaware, many of my husband's family members have stressed that they do not like me. However, the only ratioanl explanation I receive from any of them is they do not like me because they feel that I feel that I am better than the rest of them. Well, had they ever gotten to know me, they would know that I have a low self-esteem, and I would never feel as if I am better than another person. I will be the first to admit that I make different choices in my life than they do, and I am unwilling to change my beliefs, and I am unwilling to change my moral character in order to fit into any group. So, by distancing myself from the majority, they have already concluded that I am "stuck up" without knowing who I am. However, through time, one learns to accept such rejection. It may be hard during the holidays to be excluded from family gatherings; however, I refuse to become someone I am not in order to attend a few holiday meals.

God made us who we are for a purpose. Sometimes, it takes a lifetime to figure out what our purpose is here on this Earth. For the past 38 years, I have been struggling to find my "true" purpose in life, but maybe I am searching to hard. Maybe, my purpose is just to spread a little happiness into another's world. Maybe, my purpose is to just be there for another when he or she may be in need. Maybe, my purpose is to let the children whom I work with know that they are special and to let them know there is someone in the world who is cheering them on to succeed in life.

If I were to change who I am (my true authentic self), then I may let down a lot of people who like me for who I am. Do not change who you are just to fit in to a group who will never accept you in the first place. Like Jesus said, "Shake the dust from your feet and move on." Do not dwell on those who will not accept you, but bless those who like you and who love you for who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment