Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 24, 2011

"DON'T BE AFRAID TO START AGAIN!"

This week has been a total downer for me. Yesterday was a sea of depression, several days I wasn't feeling well, I just did not feel like doing anything, and I neglected my blog for five days. The thought, once again, crossed my mind to just forget about it. Someone even said to me that there is no way a person can be inspired everyday to write a positive blog. Well, that is true if you are allowing yourself to wallow in a mud pitt of negativity. So, I decided to dig my heels in, rethink those words that have been playing over and over in my head this past week, and I decided that today was my day to start over.

For the past several hours, I have been sitting in front of my computer, and I have not had any kind of trouble coming up with topics for the past five days. They just kept rolling out of my mind and onto the computer screen. Several of those thoughts were already there days ago, but I didn't "feel" like writing the blog then. I just didn't want to take time out of my depression to put positive words in front of me. The funny thing is that once I did start over today how quickly my mood changed from brooding to joy.

Today was another day that I had to start over or start again. Never be afraid to start again. If many of the people from our history would have been afraid to start again, we might still be sitting in darkness without any kind of artificial illumination. You have probably heard the story about Thomas Edison, and how it took him over 9,000 tries to learn how to make the lightbulb. Had he given up after the tenth try or even the 8,999 try, we would possibly still be reading by candlelight, and you sure as heck would not be reading this blog right now.

There have been plenty of times in my life where I have given up on certain projects, but there is always time to start again. No matter where you are in your life, and even if you feel that you are a complete failure, just start again. Look at life as Thomas Edison did, and say, "I am not a failure! I just learned how certain things do not work!" Be brave and start again!

No comments:

Post a Comment