Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 13, 2011

"TAKE CARE OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES!"

Every two weeks, I have to do my mother's grocery shopping because she no longer drives due to her failing eyesight. Every two weeks, I whine, moan, and complain about having to do this chore. You would think I was an only child the way my mother depends upon me; however, I have six brothers and sisters who could share with these duties. However, they do not share or help in any way. It is all up to me; the groceries, the doctors appointments, the medical tests, and picking up the prescriptions from the pharmacy. This isn't including everything I have to do at my own home with my own family and our medical needs. You would think that after years of having to cope with all my mother's needs on top of my own family's needs that I would be used to it. Well, it's getting a little easier, because I am learning to just accept my responsibilities. Whining, moaning, groaning, and complaining isn't going to get the job done faster or easier, so I am learning to just take care of my responsibilities and get it over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment