Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2, 2011

"DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS BEFORE YOU HAVE ALL THE FACTS!"

Do you ever find yourself thinking the worst of a situation before you have all the facts? This happened to me today when my husband and I went for his three month cancer checkup. His CT Scan showed some minor issues from his surgery. Before the doctor had a chance to explain in detail what was going on inside my husband's body, I was already thinking that he was going to have to have another major surgery in a month or two. However, once the doctor met with a Senior Surgeon, we soon found out that the surgery is something that does not have to happen overnight. The Senior Surgeon reassured us that we can wait till my husband's next three month checkup to see if the issues on the inside get worse or stay the same.

If I would not have jumped to conclusions, I could have saved myself some negative thoughts. I know these negative thoughts only lasted for approximately 15 minutes, but in reality, those negative thoughts did not need to exist in the first place.

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions before you are presented with all the facts. People spend so much of their precious time worrying about problems that usually never occur. We all know people who think negatively about everything; they are always expecting the worse to happen. Don't jeopordize today's happiness on a problem that may never happen tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment