Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 19, 2011

"LOVE!"

What an appropriate word for today! On this day 18 years ago, I married my best friend. Our marriage hasn't been a picnic, and we have had more than our fair share of trials; however, I do believe that our love is stronger today than it was on the day we joined in holy matrimony.

My husband and I have learned that love outweighs anything else that may be hurled in our direction. It has taken me a very long time to agree with him on this matter. There have been so many times in the past when it would have been easier to just throw in the towel than to keep struggling to get by. I know it's been a personal battle with me, because I was never the "favorite" or "most loved" in-law on the block. Many times I have thought that my husband would have a much better relationship with his family if he would just divorce me; however, this has never been an option my husband would consider. He always tells me that it is his choice who he wants to be with, and his choice is me, and if his family isn't going to accept me, well then, that is their loss not ours.

Our love has increased in leaps and bounds over the years, and it keeps increasing with each new battle we face.      
As we celebrate 18 years of marriage with a nice dinner at a nice restaurant and with a play at the local theater, I can look back and be grateful for some of the struggles we have faced, because those struggles are what makes our love so beautiful! I would not want to face this journey called life with anyone other than my husband. True love is a beautiful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment