Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29, 2011

"LET GO!"

For many years, I have been struggling with a lot of past issues with family members. Yesterday as I was writing my blog, something struck me. These two words came at me full force like a rocket "Let Go". I have been holding on to past hurts, past regrets, past, past, past. It's time to get rid of all that extra baggage and let go!

I have been struggling with people who hurt me in the past. Let go! I have been struggling with people who walked out of my life in my most desperate hour. Let go! I have been struggling with cruel and vicious words people used against me. Let go! I have been struggling with my own low self-esteem. Let go! I have been struggling with mistakes I made in the past. Let go!

Once you let go of all those past hurts, what do you have left? You have now! You have this very second of precious time to enjoy the way you want to enjoy it. Those things that you keep going back to in your head are memories, and that person who hurt you yesterday, a year ago, or 10 years ago, is living his or her life with no idea of how you are hurting. So, let it go! Release all the hurt and all the pain and give it to the One who can take all the pain away. Give it to God! Say a prayer to God to deliver you from all that pain and misery from the past.

Each day is a blessing, and it is up to us how we are going to live our lives. Do you want to live it by looking backwards at all the mistakes you made, or do you want to live it by learning from those mistakes and moving forward. The past has no control over you, so let it go!

No comments:

Post a Comment