Monday, March 28, 2011

March 25, 2011

"BE YOURSELF!"

Do you ever find yourself trying to conform to other people's way of life in order to be accepted or to fit in? Are there people in your life who do not want to have anything to do with you unless you change who you are either by appearance or your way of thinking? Well, my friend, I say do not conform to what they want you to be. Only be yourself!

If people want you to be someone who you are not, then it is pretty safe to say that they are not "true friend" material. If people are not willing to accept you just as you are, then they are not worthy of a friendship with you.  I say move on and find people who will love you for who you are already.

I have had this battle with some family members throughout my life. Some of them do not want to associate with me because they feel that I think I am better than everyone else. Now, I have never said I was better than anyone. They just decided to label me in this manner. My most famous label from them is "Goody Two Shoes" because I do not drink or smoke or participate in their negative lifestyle. So, this makes me "different."

However, I will not change in order to "fit in" to their little clique. I am who I am, and I am not going to change in order to make a few people happy. If I would change to fit in to their group, that would be a huge lie to myself. I would no longer be the "real" me. So, I say be yourself and do not change into someone you are not just to be part of a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment