Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 18, 2011

"HAPPINESS!"

Since I have fallen behind once again with my blog, I have decided to catch up, but this time I will use one word titles for some of my days. Doesn't it seem like some people are constantly searching for happiness? No matter what they accomplish in life, things just don't seem to be "good enough". I was one of those people who was searching everyday of my life for that one word above: happiness. It took me a long time to figure out that we are in charge of our own happiness, and the only place we can find true happiness is within ourselves.

I have always from childhood suffered from a low-self esteem, so I was constantly searching for people's approval. When people rejected me and did not approve of me, my self-esteem would become shattered and my self image would plummet. I have lived like this most of my life. I have read self-help books and inspirational books, but for some reason, nothing helps. I usually find myself going around the same mountain over and over again.

I am slowly learning with age that other people do not determine who we are in life. We determine who we are in life, and we also determine if we are going to be happy or if we are going to be miserable. Life is truly a gift from God and each of our days is to be enjoyed. So, make up your mind to live a life of happiness. Don't waste your precious time trying to please everybody, because you will never be able to please some people.

Happiness is a gift from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment