Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 21, 2011

"PUT OTHERS AHEAD OF YOURSELF!"

My family has been my number one priority in my life. When my husband or son gets sick, I put their needs ahead of mine. Today I did just that! My husband was very ill which made him miss a day of work. One of the perks with being a substitute teacher's aide is that I get to make my own schedule. I decided to stay home with my husband and help him with his needs instead of going to work.

Some people may feel this was irresponsible that I should have gone to my job. However, if there is one thing I have learned in the past year it is that no amount of money comes close to how much our loved ones are worth. Our loved ones should be priceless in our eyes, and they should be our main priority in life. I worry about my husband getting ill, because I never know when we might have to visit our local emergency room. I like to be close by in case something goes horribly wrong.

Sometimes, we may not be able to put others ahead of ourselves, because of prior commitments or obligations. Once you have been through a battle like the one my family faced, your priorities change, and what one thought was important is no longer at such a high level on that priority scale. For my own life, I need to be there for my family whenever they need me. My family will always be my number one priority and my main objective in life! Their needs will always come before my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment