Monday, March 28, 2011

March 24, 2011

"RECOGNIZE WHEN YOUR BODY NEEDS A BREAK!"

Have you ever pushed yourself so hard that you made yourself sick? Or have you ever worried so much about the stresses of everyday life that you have made yourself sick? Well, I am not sure which is the case for me today, but I ended up leaving work early today, because I started feeling ill and spiked a fever during homeroom this morning. My student didn't show up for school, so I didn't feel bad about leaving work early. I could just tell by the uneasiness and weariness that was washing over me in the first 30 minutes I was at work that I was going to get sicker as the day went on.

Life stresses take their toll on the human body. There is only so much the body and the spirit can take before it starts breaking down. I am actually shocked that this sickness didn't strike me down sooner than what it has. I have been blessed not to be ill for at least two years. I joke around that in the past year and a half while my husband was ill that I didn't have time to get sick which in actuality might be true. I didn't have time to sit around thinking about the drama in life, because I had to devote all my time to my husband.

However, in the past four months, I have had several personal attacks brought against me, and I have been dwelling on the negativity of the words those people said to me. I honestly feel that this is probably part of the reason I became ill. I sit back and wonder if I would have not allowed such negativity in my life would I be sitting here right now with a scratchy throat, runny nose, sore ears, and fever. What I do know is my body is tired and needs some rest, and this morning I recognized right away that it (my body) wasn't feeling up to par to being at school. Learn to recognize when your body needs a break then give it the rest it deserves!

No comments:

Post a Comment