Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 12, 2011

"DREAMS ONLY DIE IF YOU STOP CREATING THEM!"

Who is in charge of your dreams? The question might be answered by asking yourself, "Who is in charge of your life?" You are! We create the life we want to live by the dreams we create for ourselves. The only way a dream can die is if you stop creating them within your own mind.

Your possibilities are limitless. No matter what you want to do, you can do it if you have the right mindset. If you want to go to college, you can do it regardless of how you were raised. Even if you are the poorest kid in your graduating class, you can go to college and earn a degree if you want it badly enough. Even if someone in your life has told you that you would never amount to anything, you can become the person of your dreams if you don't allow those dreams to die. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a school teacher. I talked about it morning, noon, and night. Then one day, my mother sat me down at our kitchen table and told me to get these ridiculous thoughts out of my head, because I would get married and have babies like she and my sisters had done. So, I put college out of my  head, and I got married two years after graduating from high school and had my son three years later. However, after many years of marriage, I went back to school, and I earned an Associates Degree in Business Management. It's not the teaching degree I wanted as a child, but it is still a college degree, and I am proud to say I was the first of my immediate family to graduate from high school and the first to earn a college degree.

Your life is what you make it! It is up to you to determine what kind of life you want to live. Do you want to sit back and listen to all the naysayers all your life, or do you want to be a trend setter and start making positive changes in your own life. Follow your dreams, because you never know where they might lead you! Never allow your dreams to die!

No comments:

Post a Comment