Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 4, 2011

"ENJOY BEING WITH YOURSELF!"

Today I was watching Joyce Meyer's television program, "Enjoying Everyday Life," and she was talking about how people do not like themselves. She was making jokes that no matter where you go, there you are. She was saying that you are with yourself more than anyone else is ever going to be with you, so you better like yourself. This made me think back to my past, and it made me realize that for many years, I did not like myself. I was a miserable person to be around, and after all those years, I am finally starting to learn how to enjoy being with myself.

It probably sounds absurd that people may despise themselves, but I think it may be more popular of an act than what we might want to accept. We are harder on ourselves than what others probably will ever be with us. I know whenever someone would criticize me or condemn me, I would be 100 times harder on myself than the person condemning me. I would magnify the situation and make it much worse. However, God does not want us doing this! God wants us to love ourselves as He loves us. We need to become our own best friend, because one day that "so-called" best friend of yours might walk out of your life. I know, because I lived it a year ago.

Start enjoying your life by enjoying being in your own skin. Enjoy being with yourself. Learn to speak confidently to yourself. Like Joyce Meyer says you have to be with yourself the most throughout the day, so you might as well learn how to get along with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment