Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 26, 2011

"DO THE RIGHT THING!"

With my niece (actually great-niece) missing, I have wondered if I should get involved with trying to help locate her. I have not spoken to any my family members in the past two years. My help may be unwanted; however, this situation is not about me, it is about finding a young girl and returning her with her family as quickly as possible. So, I put my "feelings" behind me, and I contacted my great-niece's dad who is my nephew and also contacted his sister to let them know that I am going to try to help find her. They both accepted the help and actually welcomed it. My nephew simply said, "Please help me find my daughter."

When we are faced with difficult decisions it is always best to remember to do the right thing. Sometimes, we need to let go of the fact that maybe these same people were not there for us in our times of need. We need to learn to let go of how these same people may have caused us hurt in the past for the sake of another person's needs. This time it is the need of a young girl getting back with her family where she belongs.

Do the right thing! Always! Even if it means swallowing your pride and giving an apology that you may feel you do not need to give. Follow your heart and do the right thing! Especially if it involves the welfare of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment