Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 6, 2011

"ACCEPTANCE LEADS TO HEALING!"

There are times in our lives when we have to accept things that are hard, and we might balk at accepting these things; however if we want to heal in certain areas, we have no choice but to accept the difficulties in life. So many of my family's friends and other family members turned their backs on us this past year which was the most difficult year of my family's life. My expectations of how I thought things should be with our family members and friends were different than how things turned out. I walked away from this past year and a half extremely disappointed. However, in order to heal, I must accept the fact that not everyone on the planet including friends and family members are going to care what my family goes through. Acceptance will lead to healing.

In the past year and a half, only three of my family members have visited my family. Only these three family members know what my husband now looks like since he has lost so much weight. I was even told by one of my niece's that everyone has their own lives to live, and they do not have time to be concerned with what my family goes through on a daily basis. These words were like a slap across my face, because my family has been there for her family in the past. Never once did I ever forget her children at Christmas or their birthdays. That goes for my entire family and my husband's family. We were ALWAYS there for them when they all needed help. However, this past year turned out differently for us. Everyone turned their backs and walked out of our lives.

Acceptance will lead to much needed healing. Today, I have accepted that there are people in our lives who truly do not want to have anything to do with me or my family. If they did, they would have been there for us in the past year and a half. However, they were not. I do not feel that in such a dire time that people need to specifically ask others for help. Shouldn't people be willing to step up to the plate and lend a helping hand? Maybe, I am so old fashioned in my thinking that I fail to live properly in the 21st century. By my accepting that there are people who truly do not care, my wounds can start to heal, and I can go on and live my life for my husband, my son, and myself. Acceptance will heal all wounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment