Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 28, 2011

"HAVE COMPASSION FOR OTHERS!"

When others may be facing a very difficult period in their lives, do not be afraid to show them compassion. Don't be so blinded by your own life that you fail to see those around you who may be hurting. There is an old saying that says, "Don't criticize, condemn, or accuse until you have walked a mile in my shoes." It seems like no matter how hard of times some people may be facing, others will find fault with them no matter what. Don't be afraid to have compassion for others especially if you want others to show you compassion when you need it.

My mother is this type of person, and she hasn't changed even with the disappearance of her great-grand-daughter. I thought she would have compassion for what her grandson (the father) would be going through, but instead she has decided to find fault with how this family has lived throughout the years. Instead of saying that she hopes the great-grand-daughter gets home soon and safely, she makes rude remarks like this, "Well, someone should know where she is." Why is it so hard for this woman to show others compassion?

I cannot and will not answer on my mother's account. She is a grown woman who makes her own choices and having compassion is one she chooses not to participate in. However, I am taking this life experience with my mother as a learning experience, and I am choosing to take another route. I am choosing to have compassion. I remember how I felt when not too many people gave my family compassion when my husband was sick, and I have to admit that it sucked! Just because others were not compassionate to my family in our time of need does not mean I have to act the same way. Have compassion for others if you want them to show you compassion in your times of need!

No comments:

Post a Comment