Monday, May 23, 2011

May 22, 2011

"FIND A HOBBY!"

Sometimes, people become discontent with life, because they have nothing to occupy their time other than work or tv. I know in my own personal experience, I struggle with depression, because I lack friends. Maybe, I should rephrase that a little bit. I have some very close friends; we just never do anything together unless I do the inviting. My family doesn't have many family members who visit or we visit in return, so we need to find something to occupy our time when we are not working or going to school, so we do not become bored with life. Find a hobby!

Since my husband's recovery, he has taken up oil painting. So far, he has created seven beautiful paintings from mountain scenes, ocean scenes, and country scenes to people and lions. He just did one this past Saturday for me which was the lion. I would post a picture of one of his masterpieces, but I am not sure how he would feel about me posting his artwork online.

My son has started to make mini stop-animation films. He is quite good at it, and his hobby even sparked an intense conversation with Patrick Kinkade about which film school my son should attend to pursue his love of film making.

As for me, I would have to say that reading is probably my hobby. I love to read all kinds of inspirational books to learn different methods of dealing with things that may stress me out, or how to deal with my depression or life in general. Recently, I have been learning how to react in more positive manners to negative situations, and I must say that I am winning this battle.

Don't get bored with your life. Find a hobby and watch your creativeness explode!

No comments:

Post a Comment