Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 11, 2011

"SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER TO DO NOTHING!"

Do you have a problem in your life that you keep trying to fix, but everything you do to try to make the situation better seems to make the problem worse? Do you feel damned if you do or damned if you don't? Do you feel that certain people view everything you do in a negative manner regardless of what you try to accomplish with good intentions? This is very true for some people. No matter how hard you try to please them, no matter how hard you try to "fit in" to their group, your efforts are made in vain. There are times in life when you are not going to be able to do anything to fix some problems or to try to get certain people to accept you. Sometimes, the best thing we could do is give the situation to God and do nothing at all.

Sometimes, we have to determine when we need to stop trying to fix things on our own. Some people are so stubborn that we only make ourselves look like fools when we keep trying to fix an issue that "they" do not want fixed. Some people love holding grudges. I do believe that it is an extracurricular activity for some. So do not spend a good amount of your time trying to convince these people that you are trying to fix an old issue. If they are not willing to accept you or are unwilling to accept your apology, there will be nothing you can do to convince them otherwise.

Focus on the people in your life who already accept you. Stop trying to fix something if the other party wants to have nothing to do with the fixing of the issue or possibly even you. I had to be told point blank to stop trying to be part of my husband's family. For 21 years, I tried to fix what I thought that I had broken over the years. Little did I know that they never had any intentions of ever accepting me into their side of the family. All I can do now is accept the fact that I tried to be friends with them, but there was nothing I could do to change their already preconceived ideas of me, and everything I did do to try to fix the issues only made the matters worse. So, I need to do nothing now! I am turning it all over to God, I will let Him fix the issues, and I am going to do nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment