Sunday, April 3, 2011

April 3, 2011

"BREATHE IN DEEPLY WHEN FACING ANGER!"

So many things in the near past has gotten the better of me and has created a lot of anger within my soul. Today I found myself becoming more and more irate the more I thought of how my husband's family is disrespecting him. It is to a point now, where they disrespect him and blow him off right in the middle of our local Walmart. It is one thing for them to disrespect me, but to disrespect my husband after the battle he faced last year is uncalled for. The only thing that kept me from blowing my top today was deep breathing.

I found myself pacing back and forth through my home breathing in very deeply and praying to God to help to deliver me from this anger that was boiling within my every core. In the past, I would have blown like a violent volcano, and I would have called the family member who blew off my husband, and I would have given them a piece of my mind. However, today I kept my cool.

After a nice cry and a huge hug from my husband, he explained to me that I need to let it all go and just forget about all this negativity as soon as it happens. He told me how much he loves me, and with me holding onto anger of this magnitude, it is robbing us of our precious time together. Isn't that the truth! Every minute we are angry we lose that minute of precious time, and we never get it back! When facing anger, breathe in deeply and do not make hasty decisions that you may regret later!

No comments:

Post a Comment