Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 14, 2011

"TELL THE TRUTH!"

Recently I just realized why some people may get highly offended at me. I will tell them the truth opposed to telling them what they may want to hear. Sometimes, people will pose a question; however, they really do not want to hear the truth. They want to hear what they have already preplanned within their own mind. Some version of the truth but sugar-coated, so the truth does not make them look bad. Sometimes, when people pose a question, they want the person they are asking to accept the blame for what they may be inquiring, and when this may not happen, the person asking the question may become irate and angry if the answer reflects any negativity back to them. Tell the truth anyway!

Recently two family members asked me why my husband does not associate with the family. I bluntly told them that no one from the family was there for him when he was going through his chemotherapy and radiation treatments. This truth offended these two family members. The one family member screamed at me to not throw cancer in his face. The other person blamed me for my husband not associating. Neither family member wanted to accept the fact that my husband was very offended by none of his family members visiting him while he was ill. This proves that it is easier to cast blame than it is for one to face his or her own guilty conscience.

If you truly do not want to hear the truth when you pose a question, then I would suggest to keep your question to yourself. Do not ask it! Sometimes we think we know the answers to certain things, but in actuality, we have no idea how another person may feel or how they think. When someone asks you a question, do not be rude, but tell them the truth. I personally feel that society has become too politically correct, and sometimes, we need to be told the truth. The truth will set you free!

No comments:

Post a Comment