Saturday, April 9, 2011

April 6, 2011

"DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF!"

Have you ever thought that you might be your worst enemy or your hardest critic in this lifetime? Do you put yourself down or beat up on yourself when you do not meet your own standards? As I was surfing the net this morning, I realized that I have neglected this blog once again for the past four days. At first I was going to call myself lazy or undisciplined. However, I immediately stopped, and these words flowed through my head: Don't be so hard on yourself!

We all get behind with certain things throughout our lives. When I first started this blog, it was my intention to write a different inspirational blog each day for an entire year. That is what I am doing. I am accomplishing my goal; however, I just have to catch up from time-to-time, because sometimes I get too busy to complete a blog every single day. But I do play catch up, and I get the blog back up to date by writing something for each day that I miss. I get it posted, so there is no reason to put myself down.

For years, my husband has always been telling me not to be so hard on myself. I have read in books (probably Joyce Meyer books) that sometimes we are our own worst enemy. We are our most difficult critics when it comes to anything in life. Learn to lighten up some and do not be so hard on yourself. Seriously, things are usually not that serious if you sit down and think about it. Does it matter that I do not post everyday? No! As long as I get something written for each day, that is all that matters. Do not be so hard on yourself and just go with the flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment