Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 23, 2011

"TAKE TIME FROM YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE TO ENJOY WHAT LIFE HAS TO OFFER!"

Today I was busy all morning and into the early afternoon cleaning the house for our small gathering that would happen tomorrow for the Easter Holiday. Even though my family was only expecting two additional people to celebrate the festivities of the day, I had to be sure the house was in order. My husband and son left before lunchtime to pick up the few remaining items on our grocery list. Around two o'clock the telephone rang while I was still cleaning, and my husband told me to get ready because we were going to go out for lunch. Now, I could have gotten all bent out of shape and told him that I was too busy to stop to go have lunch outside the home. However, I told him that I would be ready to go when he and my son returned home. Learn to take time out of your busy day in order to enjoy what life brings your way!

Today was a gorgeous day in the mid 70's, and it truly was too beautiful of a day to spend it cooped up in the house cleaning all day. I loved every minute of the time I spent with my family while we drove to the foot of the mountain where one of our favorite diners is located. The mountains were gorgeous against the backdrop of the deep, blue sky. The trees have just recently started to sprout sprigs of green. Not only was I enjoying my time with my family, but I was also enjoying the warmth in the air and the beauty of nature surrounding me.

Don't get so caught up in the mundane, dreary activities that may be robbing you of experiencing fun and joy in your everyday life. Had I gotten uptight and told my family that I didn't want to go out for lunch, I would have missed out on special time with my loved ones. Learn to slow down and enjoy what life has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment