Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 29, 2011

"BE AWARE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S MOODS!"

Have you ever noticed that when you get around certain people your mood starts to change? Sometimes, if you are feeling down, and you are around someone who is naturally cheerful that you may start to feel happy; or if you are happy and you get around someone who is grumpy or naturally negative then you start to feel down and sad. Always be aware of other people's moods, because they can rub off on you!

Today while working with this new girl, I noticed that she seemed sad and not as cheerful as she had been the day before. She was snapping at questions I would ask her instead of replying pleasantly like she was yesterday. After several classes of dealing with this melancholy girl, I noticed that I was starting to get grumpy. When I felt my cheerful mood changing, I knew that it was a result of this girl's negativity. While walking to her locker, I asked her what was wrong. At first she did not know what I was talking about, so I explained to her that she seemed sad and she seemed like she wasn't in a good mood like yesterday. She explained to me that she has trouble with depression, and she takes medication for her condition; however, today she failed to take her medication before coming to school.

Once I realized what was making this girl sad that it was a medical condition, I changed my mood back to being cheerful, and it seemed to lift the girl's spirits, and she seemed to be happy for the rest of the school day. Other people's moods either positive or negative can have an effect on us. Always be aware of the moods of other people! If you know that someone is naturally negative, it will take more effort on your own part to remain happy while being in their presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment