Monday, April 18, 2011

April 16, 2011

"IF YOU FEEL ALONE, TURN TO GOD!"

Today I awoke in a not so pleasant mood. I am not sure if it is the gloomy, rainy weather which has me in a melancholy mood or the upcoming Easter Holiday which will have my family celebrating alone once again. Whatever happened to extended family gatherings with aunts, uncles, siblings, cousins, nieces, and nephews? Two years ago, I walked away from my mother's side of the family due to incessant drama. It always seemed that someone was constantly dragging me into their soap opera lives. After a niece had taken one of my emails and used the contents out of context against me with my siblings, I decided to walk away from the unnecessary drama the family was always bringing into my life.

As I have stated in previous posts, my husband's family has always misunderstood me, so since it is extremely apparent, even after my husband's life threatening illness, that they will never accept me into their side of the family, I will have to walk away from them as well and stop trying to be part of a group who never wanted me to be part of their lives in the first place. These events have taken a toll on me, and there are times I feel very alone. I need to remember that if I ever feel alone, I need to turn to God, because we are never alone with Him by our side. God is always there for us in our time of need.

If you are like me and you feel alone in this world, even if you have a loving spouse and children, or if you feel like the rest of the world is against you, there is always One you can turn to, and that is God. No matter what time of day it is, God will always be there to listen to your problems. If you feel like all your friends and family members have turned their backs on you, you will always have a friend and Father in God. God will never turn his back on you. He is your lifetime friend if you choose to turn to Him. He will never force Himself into your life, because He wants us to turn to Him and to ask Him for His help. If you find yourself feeling alone like I do many times, learn to turn to God and ask Him to guide you through this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment