Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 13, 2011

"USE YOUR PROBLEMS IN ORDER TO BECOME A BETTER PERSON!"

Did you ever sit back and view your problems? How many of your problems are true issues? Many of the things that we think are problems in our lives are temporary inconveniences. With each problem, comes a learning experience, and it is up to us to either learn from the problem and become a better person, or we can let the so-called problem ruin our day. If you have your health and everyone you love has their health, most of the problems we think we have are not as bad as what we make them within our own minds. Use these problems to become a better person!

I look back on my so-called problems in my past, and I now realize that what I called problems were not problems at all. It was my perception of the issue at hand which made it much worse than what it had to be. For instance, one time my car broke down, and I had to invest in a new engine. This was a horrible set-back for my family. At the time, I was probably stressed out and panicked and down-right worried about how I was going to pay for the bill even though at the time I had enough money in my savings account to cover the costs of the repairs. My perception of the issue was out of whack, because this was simply a temporary inconvenience not a problem.

Learn from the problems that you face in life. We can get bent out of shape each time we are faced with a crisis, or we can learn to handle each situation in a more civilized manner. My husband has been a true mentor for me in this area of my life; he remains cool, calm, and collected when faced with an issue. He has always said to me, "Will it matter a week from now, a month from now, or even a year from now?" The answer is usually no, so why get upset today for a minor inconvenience. Learn to use your problems in order to become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment