Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April 5, 2011

"RENEW YOUR MIND!"

"Do not be conformed to this world, but continually be transformed by the renewing of your minds so that you may be able to determine what God's will is - what is proper, pleasing, and perfect. Romans 12:2

Do you ever get overwhelmed by the numerous thoughts that flow through your head? Do you ever have the same thoughts play over and over again day after day? Are some of those thoughts negative? Some of us have been instilled with negative thoughts since we were children. Some of us may have had parents or siblings who may have told us that we were never good enough or that we would never amount to anything. Many people were never blessed with parents who encouraged their children to be all they could be. I know in my own life that my mother was a very negative force in my life. She was constantly telling me when I was a child that I was never "good enough." It was either I was not good enough to be this person's friend or that boy's girlfriend. From a very young age, she instilled within my Spirit a "not good enough complex." Now that I am older, I have learned that I need to renew my mind!

We need to learn that we are "A child of the Most High God" (Joel Osteen). We need to realize that God made us to be the best person we could possibly be during our time here on Earth. God is very proud to call us His children! We need to renew our thoughts by renewing our minds and by changing what we think about on a daily basis. This is a very hard endeavor in which we need to be committed 100%. Any time we may find ourselves slipping into negative thoughts, we have to deliberately change those thoughts to something positive.

The other night before I went to bed I kept repeating to myself, "I can do anything with God's help." I kept saying it over and over again till I fell asleep. The next morning I woke with those exact words running through my head. That morning it seemed as if the sun was shining a little brighter through my bedroom windows.

As we renew our minds, our lives will start to change in a more positive manner. We might start becoming happier, and we might find ourselves smiling more. We will no longer look down upon ourselves or view ourselves as inferior. Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Change the way you think about yourself and start telling yourself that you are good enough! Renew your mind and watch your world change around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment