Friday, April 1, 2011

March 31, 2011

"ONE STEP FORWARD IS ONE STEP AWAY FROM WHERE YOU ARE STANDING RIGHT NOW!"

Sometimes, life does not always go or fall into place like we would like it to. Sometimes, life keeps throwing us curve ball after curve ball letting us standing in the pits not knowing which way to swing the bat or which way to run. However, if we choose to keep moving forward and to keep taking one step at a time, we will soon be standing in a new and possibly better area of our lives.

Last year soon after my husband was diagnosed with cancer, we found ourselves in a world of confusion and chaos. We did not know which way to go or what to do. However, as long as we kept putting one foot in front of the other going from one doctors appointment to the next, everything soon fell into place and started to unfold like it was supposed to.

Sometimes, we try to control certain aspects of our lives when God wants us to put our faith in Him and allow Him to call the shots. For many years now, I have been struggling with a few family members, and I have been trying to fix a few broken relationships. However, it seems like no matter what I do with good intentions, these family members view my actions in a negative manner. So, what I have decided to do is just give it to God and allow Him to deal with the mending of the relationships if that is what He wants. I am reading a book called "Approval Addiction" by Joyce Meyer, and Joyce states that, "Sometimes we try to have relationships with people God does not even want us to be associated with." So, I am wondering if I have been trying to fix something with people God does not want me to be around, so I have decided to let it go! If God wants these people in my life, then He will mend the broken fences and bring these people back to me. He is the healer of all hurts, and He can fix anything that is broken if that is His will. All we can do is take one step forward in order for it to lead us in a new direction.

One step forward is one step away from where I am today!

No comments:

Post a Comment