Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April 4, 2011

"THE ONLY APPROVAL YOU NEED IS GOD'S!"

How often do you get caught up in other people's opinions of you? Are you so afraid of what other people might think or say that you avoid living life the way you want to? I just finished reading the book, Approval Addiction, by Joyce Meyer which I had read several years ago, but with everything that has been happening in my life lately, I decided to read it once again. Joyce explains that we do not need approval from others. The only approval we need is God's approval!

So many people including myself have gone out of their way to try to make other people like them. However, it seems that no matter what we do or what kind of sacrifices we make these other people will never like us. I don't know about you, but I always seem to make matters worse by trying to fix what I thought I might have broken in the first place. Maybe I am trying to fix something that I never broke in the first place, so maybe that is why my attempts at fixing this so-called problem isn't working.

Instead of focusing so much on people who may clearly not want to have anything to do with you, maybe you should focus on God and look at how He approves of you. In Joyce's book, she states that according to studies that two percent of the population will never like us. For some that might be your immediate family, such as siblings, or it might be your in-laws. For me that two percent are those people; my siblings and my in-laws. So instead of focusing on those people, I need to focus on God and His approval of me. God loves me, and His approval is all I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment