Friday, June 10, 2011

June 10, 2011

"CELEBRATE YOUR CHILDREN'S ACHIEVEMENTS!"

Today, my little boy graduates from the ninth grade or some call it the freshman year of high school. In our school district, we have had a junior high school, so my son has attended junior high for the past two years. Next school year will be a huge step for him, because he will be attending the high school. Graduating from the ninth grade is a huge accomplishment for him, because I know he will have exceptional grades on his report card. My husband and I have agreed that we will celebrate our son's achievements by allowing him to pick the restaurant that he would like to eat at tonight. When your child reaches a milestone in his or her life, celebrate those achievements!

It seems like  yesterday that my little boy was just born. Now, he is going to be headed off to high school in two short months. If you sit back and look at life, you will see how quickly life passes us by. I remember my son's first day of Kindergarten, and I remember crying like a baby when he marched up the steps of that bus and waved good bye to my husband and I. In the blink of an eye, my little boy will be graduating from high school and going off to college. However, I don't even want to think about that day yet! Let's just get through him graduating from Junior High School!

Our children achieve many goals in their lives, and it is up to us to celebrate with them when they meet these goals. When parents celebrate with their children, it encourages the children to do more or to take the next or bigger step. It's like we are our children's cheerleaders, and this is how it should be! Encourage your children to do their best, and when they do, celebrate with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment