Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21, 2011

STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF!

There are times in our lives when we are faced with a crossroads of not being quite sure of which way to turn. Do we take the job that pays more money, but we are asked to sacrifice more of our time which leads to us being away from the people we love, or do we stay at job that pays us less but brings us complete joy and happiness. Do we accept a job that we know in our hearts we will hate everyday that we have to be there, or do we suffer through a financial crisis, turn down the job which will make us unhappy, and look for something else. This lesson I am about to share is something in which took me many years to accept: when in doubt, go with your gut and stay true to yourself!

I started a new job yesterday, and half way through the day of training, something was not settling in my soul about this job. I had no peace about what I would be doing, and what I was being trained did not match up with the job description that the hiring manager had provided me with. However, I decided I would give another day of training a chance, and I was nearly convinced that I would accept the job until I was given my shadowing assignment for later this evening. Once I looked at the schedule, I knew in my heart that this job was not right for me. After I discussed the situation with my husband, he agreed that I should not get involved with such a business, so I called the company back and told them I was no longer interested in the position.

When in doubt, always stay true to who you really are. Do not try to change to be someone you are not just to please a few. Yes, my family needs the money; however, being miserable in a job and performing duties that I would be uncomfortable doing would just make matters worse. I would be bringing home anger, frustration, and misery everyday to my family, and after the year we have had, we do not need that kind of negativity in our lives. I will trust God that there is something better out there for me, and I am walking away from the situation by being true to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment