Monday, June 13, 2011

June 11, 2011

"GET TO WORK!"

Today my husband decided it was time to get the cover off the pool and to get it cleaned, so we can enjoy it a little bit this summer. So, I thought that removing a cover isn't that hard of a job, and I felt my husband and son could handle it, so I went for a walk while they got to work on the pool cover. Half way through my walk, I began to feel guilty, because I left without giving my family a probably much needed hand. So, I cut my walk in half, and I got home in plenty of time to help with the pool cover. My moral of today's story is get to work and lend a helping hand!

I am so glad that I decided to come home and help my family instead of taking an extra long walk like I usually do. Once we got the pool cover off, we realized that much more work was going to be needed for our pool. We were going to have to drain the entire thing and start from scratch. This is the task my family all pitched in and helped with today; draining and cleaning the pool. Not only did we do that, but my son and I mowed the lawn as my husband was working on and around the pool. It was a family effort, and we enjoyed ourselves being outside with each other.

Sometimes, we put off things that desperately need to be taken care of. However, I say one day at a time, and one step at a time, and eventually things get taken care of. We need to be willing to get to work in order to get these chores accomplished. I know today was hard work cleaning and scrubbing that pool, but in a week or so we will be enjoying the refreshing escape from the summer sun. Get up, get moving, and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment