Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 7, 2011

"BELIEVE AND YOU WILL RECEIVE!"

How many times do we hear this statement? How many of us really believe this statement? When I look back at my own life, I can vouch that this statement is true; however, I have to admit that I rarely live by it. I spend way too much time worrying about what the universe can take care of on its own. This statement is so powerful that it is even in the Bible, so I say to you, my friend, believe and you will receive!

Thinking back to my childhood, the tv show, The Dukes of Hazzard, was my most favorite tv show of all times! I had a huge crush on John Schneider, aka. Bo Duke. When I was probably 10 years old, I remember telling my mom that one day I was going to meet Bo and Luke Duke, and not only was I going to meet them, I was going to ride in their famous car, The General Lee. Now, most people would think, "Yeah, everybody has a dream like that." However, there was something different about my dream. I believed it with all my heart and with all my soul that this would happen. Years went by, and I grew up, got married, and had a son of my own. When my son was probably four years old, my family stumbled upon a little store in Sperryville Virginia called Cooter's Place, and guess who owned that store! None other than Ben Jones aka. Cooter Davenport from the tv show, The Dukes of Hazzard! As the years past, my family has met every cast member of the Duke of Hazzard with the exception of those who have passed on to the other side, and my entire family has ridden in the General Lee with Cooter  himself!

What we believe may take many years or possibly decades in order for our dreams to come true, but if you believe deep down within your heart that whatever it is you want will come true, then I guarantee you that eventually you will fulfill every one of your heart's desires. There have been so many circumstances in my life where what I believed actually came true. I encourage you to believe, and I bet you will start to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment